Monday, February 15, 2016

My New Original Barbie #TheDollEvolves


Hello! Finally had the time to take some pictures and share some thoughts about one of my new Barbies! I decided to open the Original Barbie model first, just because it's an original Barbie. There will be less photos for this one I thinks.


Number 19: Ruby Red Floral

I chose this Barbie because of her Asian eyes and long straight hair. When I originally decided to pick one of each up, she was in the final cut. (unlike my Curvy and Tall dolls, which I settled for because the ones I wanted were not for sale yet)




front view / side view / back view
 I'm pretty content with this outfit I think. It's a dress, and I don't have too many issues with it, unlike my Curvy doll's awful outfit. My only real issue with this dress is the unnecessary stitching down the front of her top. I'm sure it's there to break up the monotony of the solid color, but if they really had a problem with the solid color - why not use a print? I don't know, maybe even just one stupid line down the front instead of the two might have looked better.

Part of her Peter Pan collar won't lie flat, but I don't imagine that will be hard to fix.


shots of her shoes / bare feet

I love this doll's shoes. I think they're adorable. They're secured on her feet with rubber bands for a reason though, which is sad. They're actually very, very loose on her feet. I imagine a little girl playing with this doll and wanting to change her shoes might not keep the rubber bands, and her doll will end up shoe-less. It's a shame they're not a bit tighter fitting. When I put her shoes back on, I made sure to re-band them.


Bracelet

I like her bracelet too! I kind of wish my Curvy doll came with a bracelet too, instead of those darned sunglasses.


her hair


I'm disappointed with her hair... her shop image shows very straight hair, and that was a big factor in my decision to buy her, but my doll doesn't have straight hair at all. I've had Barbies with straight hair before, so I know it's possible for them to come that way. I'm thinking of remedying this myself. I've straightened Barbie hair before, so it shouldn't be too hard.


Here she is without the dress:
front / side / back

I know this is old news, but I do really like how her chest is considerably smaller than the old, old model Barbies. Memories come to mind of a young me being so frustrated at my Barbies' busts - I used to make them crudely simple clothes and it was hard to make simple clothes that accommodated for those boobs and still look cute. As a result, a lot of my doll clothes were sewn straight on to each doll, and had to be cut open when I wanted to make them a new outfit, never to be able to be worn again.



That's pretty much it! I'll leave you with a couple of extra shots I took of her.




































Overall, I'm pretty happy with this doll. I can fix the slight collar issue, and I'm going to see if I can straighten her hair a bit better. If I can I will love her even more. ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment