Friday, February 19, 2016

My New Tall Barbie #TheDollEvolves


Last Barbie review post before my comparison pictures! Today we look at the Tall Barbie.


29: Terrific Teal

The last of my four new Barbies! She was one I settled for because the Tall one I want isn't available yet. But I did like this doll's curly hair and that teal skirt!


Out of the package



Hair straight out of the box

I'm really glad I liked her curly hair in general rather than how her hair is styled, because the images that show her do not accurately represent how her hairstyle looks in real life. And the back of her hair looked so sad. lol


barefoot / shoes / front view

I'm not a fan of her shoes, but that might be because I like the higher heels on my Barbies. Maybe if they had an open toe I'd like these shoes more though.


bracelet

She has a small bracelet, which is secured by rubber band because it is way too open and small to stay on its own like my original's bracelet.


Brushed out her hair

I tried brushing out her hair a little, to fill it in a bit I think. It made the curls seem a bit softer.


compared to her image on the pamphlet

Behind her is the image they put out of her. I wish her curls started a little higher on her head. I also kind of wish her hair was a bit brighter of a red. It looks more like an auburn brownish color in person.

Front view / side / back view

Her bracelet and her skirt are my favorite parts of her outfit. Not too keen on the shoes. I dislike her shirt.


Here's my Tall doll without clothes:

front / side / back

So she has slightly longer legs than original. And she probably has bigger feet. It looks like her torso is a bit longer too. She has a slender figure, pretty much goes straight from her chest to her hips without dipping in at her waist.


clothes

Her skirt is lovely. It's a thin fabric and it has an elastic waist. Her top... I really don't like her top. The print is cute. But it's too boxy. I pulled the back so that the velcro crosses over and only barely touches and it's still too loose. If it was tighter, or shorter, or if the collar wasn't so high to make it look boxy... any of these things would have greatly improved this top. What kills me is that there's darting, but it still feels boxy.

tucked in shirt

So I tucked her shirt in. It's improved her top so much. Much better!


Overall, I like this doll a lot. I do love her curls, and her skirt. And I like the tall dolls. I gotta admit though, seeing this doll in person versus it's promo pictures makes me scared to get the tall doll that I want. I feel like her hair might look more like a clown... we'll see. ♥


OMG, so I took all of these pictures on a comforter that's on an inflatable mattress. I managed to get this lady to stand on her own on the bed. Bah hahahahahaa

Standing on her own! She stood for about 10 seconds before she toppled over.












View my reviews for Curvy, Original, and Petite.

No comments:

Post a Comment