Friday, January 16, 2015

5 Fandom Friday - Conventions I've Been To Or Wish To Attend


How is it already Friday?!? I have been sick with the flu this week, so the days have sort of meshed together. This is another fun topic for me. Score.


Conventions I've Been To Or Wish To Attend 




1: C2E2
Short for Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, this was the first convention I ever attended. C2E2 started in 2010, and I desperately wanted to go, but couldn't find anyone to go with. When 2011 came along, I decided I was going, with someone or not. And I was going to walk from Union Station to McCormick Place too - a 3 mile walk. Luckily, my dad was told by a friend that C2E2 was super fun, and decided to join me. That Saturday, we took the train, and then a cab. We came back that Sunday. We were hooked. We've been going ever since, and this year will be no exception!






2: Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
At our first C2E2, we were constantly informed that C2E2 was like "Chicago's Comic Con". When I got home, I googled it and it turns out that no... Chicago Comic Con was a thing. I told my dad, not really sure if he'd be interested in going to another convention - but he was! Especially since Patrick Stewart and Levar Burton was going to be there! Super cool!! Same goes for this convention, we've been going since 2011, so this will be our fifth year going.



Jeri Ryan (7 of 9 from Voyager)
3: Chicago Star Trek Convention
Wouldn't you know it, in 2011, at CCC, while my dad was standing in line to take his photo op with Patrick Stewart, he was told by a fellow that there also existed a Star Trek Convention - in Chicago - and it was about a month away from the Chicago Comic Con we were currently attending! This one I was a bit hesitant about, because on the one hand, STAR TREK, but on the other, I wasn't sure how "hooked" my dad was on conventions. No need to be hesitant though, because we went to that Star Trek Convention in 2011, and we also went the two other times. (They skipped a year.) I like this con because it's considerably smaller than C2E2 and CCC, so it's not as exhausting and it's much easier to get around.





4: Chicago TARDIS
This was our newest discovery. I had heard of a Doctor Who convention in Chicago, but I never bothered to check it out, because we were already going to 3 conventions a year. Ha. It was my dad who noticed the poster above. The Doctor Who Store booth was advertising it at Chicago Comic Con, so we just had to look it up. And check it out. Of course we went. I like this convention because it's nowhere as big and overwhelming as C2E2 and CCC, but not as tiny as the Star Trek Convention. They had a viewing room where they showed various episodes of Doctor Who, my dad and I enjoyed watching the episodes on such a big screen when there was downtime in panels and whatnot. They also had a game room where we played Doctor Who Yahtzee. Haha. 2014 was our first time at TARDIS, but I have a feeling we'll be going again.





5: San Diego Comic Con
No, I haven't been. This con is number one on my "Wish to Attend". Everyone who knows comic con knows that this one is the mother of all comic cons, and it's the one where all the good actors always end up. Heck, they have to sell their tickets lottery style, it's so damned popular! I heard it got so big they had to move the panels to a completely different building. Someday I would absolutely adore going to San Diego Comic Con.





COMING SOON

January 23rd: Songs That Changed My Life
January 30th: Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own

February 6th: Favorite Funko Pop Figures
February 13th: Favorite Fictional Couples I Ship (Valentine's Day)
February 20th: Things I've Bought But Haven't Read/Watched/Played Yet
February 27th: Character's I Would Name My Kids After

No comments:

Post a Comment