Thursday, January 22, 2015

Swap Project - Galaxy Bracelet


Another post about a thing I made for my swap partner! On her list of things she liked, she listed "space", and I didn't have anything space related for her yet, so I decided to make a galaxy bracelet! I pretty much followed this tutorial, which I've used in the past for nail art and for phone case art.

I didn't have to go out to buy anything for this project too, because I had all the paint I need and, this past December, from my secret santa, I got two wooden bracelets along with other crafty fun stuff!



 Here's the bracelet plain. I painted it black but realized it was a bit on the rough side. So I took some sand paper to it to smooth it out a bit.






Then I gave it one more coat of black.


I didn't take many progress pics. This was taken after finishing the nebulas:




I felt they were way too bright though,


 so I lightly sponged a little bit of black over them all.



And then I used a mechanical pencil as a dotter to paint some white stars on it.


From there, I added glitter.



Okay. Note: this iggle despises glitter. Most of the time. However, if the glitter is contained within a substance such as a glue... it's a tiny bit more acceptable. So that's what I used.




And I just added touches here and there - mostly around each nebula. Very light on the glitter application.



Then it was in to the garage for a couple of coats of matte spray finish.




And it's complete!! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! You can't really tell there's glitter in this photo, because the matte still has some sort of shine to it, but I like that, the glitter catches in the right light. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment