Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Not-So-Secret, Not-So-Christmas Santa


So late last year, IGGPPC had a secret santa exchange, and I participated. I can only hope the person I sent presents to liked them, and I know I loved the gifts I got from my secret santa! But a new Iggle missed sign ups for it, and so I offered to have an exchange directly with her. I called it a "Not-So-Secret Santa". We exchanged some emails about things we like and whatnot and set a price cap and... both of us ended up with order issues. We both ordered something from two different people, and had separate problems.

For me, I had ordered a plushie a couple of days before US Thanksgiving, it was marked shipped on the 4th of December, but I didn't receive anything until the 16th, and when it came... it was the wrong plushie!! That had me irked, but I contacted the seller, who asked that I send back the wrong item, and he sent me an extra plushie for the trouble. But the right plushie didn't come until the 20th.

Anyhoo, my swap buddy lives in Canada, which meant that my Santa package wasn't going to get there in time. Then I find out she's been waiting on an order she made for me too! So essentially, our "Not-So-Secret" Santa also became "Not-So-Christmas" presents as well. Heh. Ah well. Presents are presents!



I got mine last week, and figured I'd do a blog post to share everything in the box. Because there's a lot of awesome in this box.




First up came this lovely letter, which has a bunch of questions and whatnot which makes me want to respond - snail mail style. Ha.


Next I opened this birthday present.

 The cupcake wrapping paper is too cute! hee.

Inside the envelope was a cool 3D birthday card.
 Super awesome.



The present was a book. Proximity by M.A. George.

There's also a signed book sticker and Aqua bookmark from the author! I look forward to checking this book out. The library doesn't have any books by her, so I'll have to go about purchasing her other books if I end up liking this one. We shall seeeeee.



There were a few things unwrapped, so I pulled most of them out first.

A simple Christmas wreath ornament. I like how simple it is, I might embellish it for next Christmas!

Then I got a couple of lippies. I love lip balms. And lip glosses. And some lipsticks. lol.


These two minion lippies are too cute. I have the cotton candy one in my pocket.



I also got a Kinder egg. Which I was surprised to get for sure. They're technically "banned" in the states. Ha. So my mind's first thought at seeing the Kinder Egg was "ILLEGAL!!!!!!". ROFL.


 Doesn't matter though - I ate it anyhow. Bah haha.


Then there was a "This Star Won't Go Out" inspired bookmark, a sparkly Canada sticker, and some fun little paper tidbits.


They'll be good for the art/junk journal I hope to someday make.


This guy right here was the first thing I opened. And omg I giggled for a ridiculous amount of time before doing anything else, and then I had to tweet about him.


It's a handmade tsum tsum!!! I am addicted to the game Tsum Tsum, and I have four small Tsum Tsums from the Disney store. And now I have this uber awesome handmade one too!! It works out too, because the only reason I didn't buy the Disney version of this Perry the platypus is because I've never seen that show, but he was sooo cute it was hard not to buy him anyway. And now I HAS him. MUAH HAHAHAHAHAA


Moving on, I got this large owl eraser wearing a santa hat. Hee. I'm actually thinking of carving him out a bit and turning him in to a stamp.


Except I might remove his hat for his stamp version, to make him usable for more than just Christmas time.



Next I got a lovely journal/notebook with the "n" initial. I have sooo many notebooks and I love them all and I don't care how many I acquire, they are all mine.


I swear I should just start saying I have a notebook collection. This one is adorable and I love the orange and someday I'll use it. lol


Next I got 8 Pokemon cards!


Bah ha! I haven't had Pokemon cards in years and years and years.


Here are the ones I got. I'm thinking they'll be used in a future art/junk journal too!


Next up I got a couple of lady bug bobby pins.


I'm um... I have a fear of bugs, so I likely won't be using these in my hair for fear I'll forget I put them there and have a heart attack...  but I think I can use them as paper clips! lol


Another present - My Little Pony pencils and ADORABLE bunny stickers.


 Like... hipster bunny stickers. TOO CUTE!!


Neeeearing the end of this amazing bundle of goodies, there was this cute, brightly painted wooden box.


And inside, there was tea and ANOTHER wrapped goodie!


Tada! A handful of Tazo Passion tea and a Supernatural magnet!


Heee!!! I totally dig the magnet. They're all looking super hot in that picture. I love Castiel. And Dean. Sam's okay. Haha.


Finally, underneath it all, was an unwrapped framed something. And when I flipped it, I found...


A framed Iggle Manifesto!  So awesome!! It's beauuutiful. Hee.



So here's everything!!


So much amazing! Such an awesome swap buddy. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥








No comments:

Post a Comment