Friday, June 12, 2015

5 Fandom Friday - Favorite Fictional Dads


There are a LOT of fantabulous fictional dads out there. I tried going with the first dads I could think of, and they all ended up being from TV. So here's a list of just a few of my favorite TV dads:



1: Phil Dunphy
    (Modern Family)

Last week I had Claire on my list for being able to reel in her crazy enthusiastic husband. Of course I have her husband on the list. He's one cool dad. He may be out there some times, but he cares and very obviously loves his family.





2: Marshall Eriksen
    (How I Met Your Mother)

As much as I loved HIMYM, Marshall is the one I didn't hate at one point in time or another. He's super nice and kind and has his own values and although we didn't see him be a dad too much on the show, I think he'd be a great dad.





3: Richard Castle
    (Castle)

OMG of course Castle is on my list. It's Nathan frickin' Fillion. But he's a great dad. He cares, he gets worried and he'd do absolutely anything for Alexis. And she knows she can count on him for anything. I love love love Alexis and Richard's relationship. It's adorable. ♥





4: Henry Spencer
    (Psych)

Henry was the type of dad who pushed his son. Maybe a bit too much. It caused some issues between them, but overall, he was just a father who was trying his best to get his son to reach his full potential. When Shawn found his calling as a psychic detective, Henry was always there to help him out, even if it was just to talk things through. He came out of retirement just to make sure Shawn was safe. And even though Shawn didn't always catch on, all Shawn needed to do was ask for Henry's help, and he'd get it.





5: Bobby Cobb
    (Cougartown)

I loved this show. And Bobby Cobb was hilarious. He may not have been a great... role model at times, but he was always there for his son and I loved their relationship. Plus he's hilarious. I saw the actor on Burn Notice recently (I'm finally watching that show) and it was pre-Cougartown and it just wasn't right. He'll always be Bobby Cobb. Did I mention Bobby's hilarious?




Oh man, now I'm just going to sit here and miss Cougartown. And Psych. And How I Met Your Mother.






No comments:

Post a Comment