Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mug Swap - What I Sent


Another Iggle swap! I had planned on staying away from iggle swaps for a while. The last one I'd done - the recipe book swap - took longer than I expected because I went overboard. It kind of burned me out. With that and the Best Birthday Ever Swap... I figured right then that I'd back off a bit. I avoided the swap section of the forums like the plague.

...And then I got a DM from the person running the Mug Swap. She had a bunch of people sign up, but she was at an odd number, and wondered if I might be interested in making it even. Of course I said yes... despite trying to stay away from the swaps, a swap sought me out, and I love swaps too much to say no. I couldn't resist!


So my swap buddy gave me a list of fandoms and other likes to go from, and I found myself on etsy searching "each fandom + mug". When I got to Batman, I found 5 million people and their mums were apparently selling vintage* glass Batman mugs. From 1995. From McDonald's. From Batman Forever.

*I don't know if I consider 1995 "vintage"

I laughed at this. "Who," I thought, "in their right mind, would want Batman Forever mugs?!"

And then a tiny voice in the back of my head spoke up.

"...Me."


All of a sudden I was looking at these mugs in search of the best deal to buy one for myself. Then I realized that maybe if *I* - a person who is only really more of a fan of the Batman movies and doesn't quite consider "Batman" one of her fandoms - would be interested in a Batman Forever mug... mayhaps my swap buddy would be interested?

I ended up finding a fairly good deal on three Batman Forever mugs - two Batmans and a Two Face.

One Batman mug is mine now. Bah hahaha.

Here are pics of Batman and Two Face:

Batman front

Batman back

Two Face front

Two Face back

 These mugs were super cute! I like the coins on the handle of the Two Face mug! Once I washed them, I happily started packing these two mugs in to a box when my anxiety crept up behind me and whispered in my ear,

"What if she's not like you...?"

Dang it. THANKS ANXIETY. So my excitement from "vintage" Batman Forever mugs imploded in on itself and all that was left was a lingering mushroom cloud of doubt.


I went back to her list of likes, and headed out to the store.


Cats are one of her favorite animals, so I picked up this cute mug:


It was between this and an owl mug, (another one of her favorite animals) but overall I thought this one was cuter, mostly because the tail is the handle. Hehe.

So, I wrapped the cat mug up, found a bigger box, and sent all three mugs to my swap buddy. Surely she's bound to like at least one of them!! ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment