Monday, June 8, 2015

What I sent for a swap - BBES1


So I signed up for a swap ages ago. This swap was not IGGPPC related, though it was co created by an iggle. It's called the Best Birthday Ever Swap. You get assigned 3 people whose birthdays are in different quarters of the year, and you send them a package of birthday gifts on their birthday month!
Each package needs to include one handmade item, craft supplies, and some other surprise. The other surprise needs to be from a "local shop", meaning no big box store.


What all this means, is that this is the first post on this swap, and there will be three more - one for what I got for my presents, and two more for what I send.


This will be a somewhat short post though, because I forgot to take a full picture of the items I sent! My first assigned lovely lady's birthday was May 1st, and I wanted to get hers sent in time for her birthday, but I didn't have time to finish it until two weeks in to May, so I was in a bit of a hurry to send it out, and forgot full pictures.

Instead I'm going to share her instagram photo of what I sent:


Tada!! I sent a bunch of craft supplies, all mostly related to cross stitching, embroidery, and sewing, because that's what she was most interested in. She also likes cats, so I sent her a little Grumpy Cat plushie that has a birthday hat on, and Hello Kitty hand sanitizer. Also, Harry Pawter. I got her a print and a button. Because she also likes Harry Potter, and when I specifically read:

"I'm also OBSESSED with Harry Potter and cats."

I knew I needed to pick this print up for her.

This print is by the artist, Jenny Parks, who does some adorable kitty related fandom pictures. And she shows up at C2E2 and Chicago Comic Con every year. And every year I've found some excuse to purchase some of her merchandise for myself or others. lol.  (If she doesn't come near you, here's where you can buy her stuff online.)


And then there's my handmade item, which I did remember to get a photo of:



A cross stitch Harry Potter bookmark. I'm still pretty beginner-ish in cross stitching, so this took me much longer than I'd care to admit. Then I glued it to some gold scrapbook paper that I covered in dark red tulle. I think it came out okay, all things considered!! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment