Friday, June 5, 2015

5 Fandom Friday - Favorite Fictional Moms


5 Fandom Fridays again!! And... go figure, the week I jump back in to blogging is a week of 5 Fandom Friday that I'm not doing. I'm not so in to comic books, so... while I'll enjoy the movies and possibly the shows, I don't really have an opinion on what should be done.


Instead I'm hopping back to May 8th's topic, Favorite Fictional Moms!


1: Molly Weasley
    (Harry Potter)

I can't imagine doing a list of favorite moms without including Molly. She gives her all to her children's safety and well being. She tries her best and she's a badass. ♥



2: Helen Parr
    (The Incredibles)

I've got quite a few badasses on my list, actually. I guess that's what I think a mother should be. A badass who loves her children! Elastigirl is exactly that type of mother. She'll protect her children from any one and any thing, and she's a Super, so she'll kick ass doing it.



3: Linda Tran
    (Supernatural)

When I first saw Linda, I was hesitant on whether I'd like her, but Linda is a badass. She wanted to be with her son and keep him safe no matter what. And when keeping him safe meant fighting demons, she adapted to do so. She was battered and beaten, but she always fought for Kevin and always took care of him.



4: Claire Dunphy
    (Modern Family)

Not exactly considered a badass... at least not like the other moms on my list. Still though, I consider Claire one. She's a perfectionist and loud and nags all the time... and often times I get annoyed at watching her. But overall, she loves her children and would do anything for any of them. She spends most of her time reeling in her overly optimistic and enthusiastic husband from going overboard on one of his ideas, or else doing whatever her kids need her to do.



5: Cersei Lannister
    (Game of Thrones)

I speak of tv show Game of Thrones Cersei. I've yet to read the books, so I'm not sure if she's much different there. But on the show, she is a delightfully villainous character. But she loves her kids, and she would do anything for them. The only real issue I've been seeing lately with her is that she is a strong believer in "mother knows best", and her decisions reflect that. Still, she's a mother not to be reckoned with.







No comments:

Post a Comment