Friday, April 17, 2015

5 Fandom Friday - Another catch up day



Today I won't be doing Favorite Theme Park Rides, because it's been years since I've been to a theme park, and therefore I don't really know if my faves are my favorites anymore, nor do I think I have 5 favorite rides. *shrug*

So today I'll be doing:


Characters I'd Love To Dress Up As For Halloween (or cosplay if I ever cosplayed...)


1: Inara Serra


From Firely/Serenity. My favorite of her outfits are her pale gold dress from Shindig, and the red dress in Serenity.





2: Maud Pie


I love Maude. She speaks to me on so many levels.

Story time!!

In high school I had a Pet Rock keychain that I brought with me everywhere. Often during class, I'd open up the little crate so Chris could get more light. Yep, my rock's name was Chris.

In Economics, my teacher was talking about the ridiculousness that were Pet Rocks and Cabbage Patch Dolls, so the next day I showed him my Pet Rock. He gave a small giggle like a little girl, (which was not something he did ever) and once he learned my rock's name was Chris, he asked if he could borrow it for a day.

In class, he showed my Pet Rock with flourish and excitement. And then he shared that his favorite thing about my pet rock was that I named my rock Chris. And then he asked the class why I would name the rock Chris.

A guy in the back guessed "Chris Rock", which was actually cute, but I hadn't thought of that. And neither had my teacher, because he screamed "NO!!!" and then he pointed at me and said "Why did you name your Pet Rock Chris?"

I don't like... attention, or being called on, which was why I waited until we were not in class to share my rock with the teacher. So, very quietly, I said, "Because I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl..."

Which was apparently the right answer, because he repeated me, and then went on about the ridiculousness of the Pet Rock again.







3: Effie Trinket


From Hunger Games! Her hair, makeup, and outfits are all so crazy awesome! I wouldn't mind wearing any of her outrageous costumes, except mayhaps that *shudders* butterfly one.






4: Abby Sciuto


I have wanted to be Abby from NCIS for Halloween for years and years. But I want to do it right, and that would require a lab coat, platform shoes, and Hot Topic-ish jewelry = not something I can afford right now. Plus wearing a temporary tattoo of a spiderweb on my neck. Someday!!!





5: Giselle


From Enchanted! Okay... maybe not the wedding dress... only because it just looks like a nightmare to wear. But it's soooo pretty!! I also love her dress she made from the curtains! ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment