Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Fictional Crush Swap Part 1 - What I sent my swap buddy


Happy April Fool's Day! Ha. No jokes here though, today I'm talking about another iggle swap from February - the fictional crush swap.

Here's some of the details on the iggle swap page:

I just KNOW if *insert your favorite character here* was real, you two would be bffs! Basically what happens in this swap is you are sending (& receiving!) a package as if it is from a character beloved by the recipient. If your swappee loves Han Solo, you get to imagine what he would send her & what he would say. If you love Peeta, maybe he’d send you some carefully-frosted cookies! Y’know, Hagrid knits– I bet he’d send his sweetie something hand-made! There’s a lot of room for creativity, so you & your partner can chatter away about the characters you love & why, then assemble packages of much affection to treasure forever.


I guess this swap scared a lot of people. But me? I was excited! I signed up immediately.

It took my partner and me a couple of days to think up our list of crushes. But I eventually sent a list of nine, and she sent me eight. And one of the guys on my partner's list spoke out to me.




Dean Winchester from the show Supernatural.




Now, I'm a fan of the show, having started watching it last year and marathoning until I'd caught up. And two Supernatural characters were on my own list. (Castiel and Crowley) If I spent more time to make my list longer, Dean probably would have been on it as well.


So I immediately got ideas on what to send, and ordered a couple things online. Then I got the rest. I wanted to share it all with you. Hehe.


Here's the letter I wrote as Dean:




I tried to alter my handwriting so it was shorter and... not so loopy. lol. It actually ended up taking a lot longer to write out than I expected. Probably because I was trying to write right. lol.



And then I wrote smaller notes to go along with each of the gifts.



The first thing, food.

 Dean loves food. And pie. So it made sense for him to get her pie. And then he also got her chocolate.


I also wanted to get her something else, something Dean would think of to get a girl.


So I got her the above, figuring he might think to get her stuff to pamper herself. I dunno, could be, right?



The best part of Supernatural is that it's pretty meta. A character on the show wrote Supernatural, which is a series of books that feature Sam and Dean Winchester and their adventures as hunters. These books got a cult following, and there was an episode where Sam and Dean had to go to a convention that was specifically for Supernatural. This current season, Sam and Dean had to go to a high school that was doing a musical adaptation of the Supernatural books. So there's quite a bit of meta going on.

Which means it wouldn't be weird for Dean to find merchandise of Supernatural - right?


So I ordered a Dean funko pop....


... and a tiny car replica of Dean's Impala.


Anyhoo, everyone knows Dean is a bit... over protective.


So Dean also sent...

Salt.... and....



Holy water....

This may not be... real holy water. I blessed it myself via instructions from wikihow.


But hey, the Winchesters make holy water by dropping a rosary in some water, so I'm not too far off.


Speaking of which, I also got her a rosary...


... So that she can refill her stock of holy water if needed. This one is red and smells like roses. I picked it up from an online catholic shop.


And finally, I got her... a silver letter opener.


Okay, so it's not silver. It's actually a stainless steel one from Office Depot. But I fixed it. A little masking tape covering the words stainless steel did the trick. Looks totally legit right? Yep, I knew it.




And that's it! I had a lot of fun with this swap! I haphazardly wrapped all the gifts in brown paper bags, newspaper, and road maps, using masking tape because I felt that would be the way Dean would have wrapped them - no time for wrapping paper, right? I hope my swap buddy understood that... and didn't just think I was being lazy. lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment