Monday, March 30, 2015

Making a bookmark


A while back, I participated in a mini swap via lovely iggles on twitter, or twiggles. We exchanged bookmarks. I made them, and started taking pictures while I did them... but I got distracted and forgot to keep taking pictures. Whoops.

Then that love story book exchange happened, and I realized that my swap partner was actually my original iggle secret santa from December! So I decided I wanted to make her a bookmark too, as a small thank you.

And I remembered to take pictures the whole way through this time. lol.



Here's almost all of what I used. Not pictured is a small penguin bead, a couple of markers, a homemade stamp and a heart shaped paper puncher.




First, I cut up some paper. All 2x6 inches. One brown cardstock, two in the pretty blue, and two in the book pages.


Next, I took the two blue strips, facing each other. I used the ruler to rip them at an angle.


Then I took the top from one strip and the bottom of another - shown above. These are what I'm using for the bookmark.


Then I glued the book page strips to the cardstock.


I cut them down to size, so that there's just enough to cover every part the blue strip won't.



Then I glued the blue strips down.


On both sides, of course.



Next I grabbed the paper punch and punched four hearts each of the blue and of the pages.


These were punched from the pieces I didn't glue to the cardstock. I also used the marker to draw along the edges of the hearts - blue for the blue and gray for the pages.


I glued the hearts on like so:


And used the stamp. I also ran the ink over the edges of the bookmark. I poked a hole in the top and ran some of the embroidery thread through. I also added the penguin bead.




Here's the finished bookmark!





I've made six bookmarks so far, and even though four of them were at the same time... I'm pretty sure they all ended up different. lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment