Friday, February 13, 2015

5 Fandom Friday - Favorite Fictional Couples I Ship (Valentine's Day)


Happy Friday the 13th everybody! This week is all about couples. Fictional couples. That I ship. Hmm... I'm going to assume this is not necessarily canon couples, just couples I happen to ship.



Favorite Fictional Couples I Ship



1: Wash & Zoe Washburne

This couple. THIS COUPLE. Wash was one of my favorite characters, while Zoe was one of my least favorites. (on my official list, Wash is 2, and Zoe is 7) Together however, I'll ship them to the end of time.









2: Neville Longbottom & Luna Lovegood

Rowling mentioned many years ago that Luna marries some guy Scamander and Neville marries... I dunno, Hannah I think. And that's how I accepted it, many years ago. The thought of this couple never entered my mind.

But then the last movies came out, and as I sat there watching in my normal Harry-Potter-wonder-stare, Neville mentions how he's "mad for Luna" and it was like a punch in the gut.

Not in a bad way. It was like - duh. OF COURSE. And my mind immediately rebelled against the fact that they marry other people, and from then on, it was #LunaAndNeville4ever.







3: Shawn Spencer & Juliet O'Hara

Psych. This show will always hold a place in my heart, and these two will always be together. And in real life, the actors are dating, (are they still? I sure hope so!) and this fact makes me insanely happy. They're so cute together. OMG they're so cute. Squee!






4: Ted Moseby & the Mother


I watched this entire series. The name of the show is How I Met Your Mother. And the flipping show just kept pairing Ted and flipping Robin throughout the seasons. Let me tell you, by the end of the show, Marshall was the only main character I didn't feel hatred towards. And I was so sick of Ted constantly wanting Robin. I just didn't like them together. What I learned about myself during this entire show run? I became insanely attached to "the mother". Even though the mother was not even covered until the end. I got defensive of the mother as soon as we saw our first glimpse of her. But it took only one episode for me to accept the actress. If you haven't seen the end of the show yet, I don't want to post spoilers, but for me, the very last episode never happens and these two will forever be shipped.






5: Buttercup & Westley


Princess Bride. Who didn't watch this and grow an insanely ridiculous crush on Westley? Because I sure did. (The fact that Cary Elwes plays a character named Despereaux on Psych made me crazy happy) There's really not much else to say about them. They're together forever. The end. *cheesy happy music*






Honorable Mentions:
Amy & Rory Pond
Robin Scherbatsky & Barney Stinson
Malcolm Reynolds & Inara Sera
Tony DiNozzo & Ziva David
Spock & Uhura
Lily Aldrin & Marshall Eriksen
Abby Sciuto & Timothy McGee
Big McIntosh & Maude Pie (Okay, just kidding... or am I?)



Happy early Valentine's Day!!



Iggle Squiggle's 5 Fandom Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment