Saturday, March 14, 2015

Wizard World Fan Fest Chicago

Happy Pi day!!

Today I thought I'd post a tiny bit more about Wizard World Fan Fest Chicago.

In case you missed it, I wrote a post on IGGPPC's +5 Charisma Blog. And I really was honest about how I felt on the con, so there's not much more to say... but there are some more pictures to share! I limited myself to a couple dozen on +5 Charisma.  I've got about 20 more pictures to share, plus pictures of my haul!


First, let's start with my camera:


When I blogged about what I bring to a convention, I had a picture of a camera in the image. It is the same brand as mine, but a stock photo. So this one is mine. It's 6 years old. Was a gift from my dad. And has been falling apart for a couple years now. It's the bottom, where the batteries go in. Gravity has been affecting that hatch, which was only held shut by tiny notches of plastic. Seriously, what I wouldn't give for a camera that utilizes metal for that battery section, or even for the battery to go in on the side or top. But yeah, those tiny notches broke and slowly got worse, to the point where no amount of any sort of tape was working to keep it shut. So I stopped using the camera.

But Fan Fest was upon us, and I committed to blogging about it on IGGPPC, and I didn't want to just have whatever I could take on my phone as pictures! So... I hot glued the battery hatch shut. Even then, it took a couple tries, because I was hot gluing smooth plastic to smooth plastic. To reinforce it, I also used red washi tape (seen in picture) and hot glued that over the hatch. I made sure to put in fresh batteries. The idea being I could always go in and use a craft blade to cut open the hot glue when I need to replace the batteries, then hot glue it shut all over again.


Turns out I don't need to do that anymore.




When I came upstairs to show Boyfriend what I had to do to get my camera to work, his response was, "Maybe it's time you get a new camera..."


And when I came home from Fan Fest on Saturday, this camera was waiting for me:


Isn't it pretty??? It's almost 2/3 less bulky than my old camera, but has a better zoom. It also has a wifi feature, which I'm sure will be nice eventually, as I've been known to take a picture of the display screen of my camera with my phone to share a picture... lol. I was informed that this camera counted towards an anniversary present, (our 3 year anniversary was 3/9) and that worked for me!


Moving on to the con pics...



THESE LLAMAS...


I believe the largest llamas normally sell at a con for $80. Someday, I shall have one, and it shall be mine. ♥



Starlord, John Snow, and Daenerys



So I brought my JimBobs with me, and decided I needed to take their picture on the red carpet when the red carpet was free. Lucky for me, this con wasn't nearly as packed as others, so I found an opportunity pretty quick.


First, though you can't tell here, I propped them up at the end of the carpet, and took this quick picture above. But my dad suggested that since I was alone on the carpet, that I should move them in to the center and take pictures from there.



So that's what I did! Only one person commented on the JimBobs, calling them adorable. Yes. Yes they are.




Here's another Starlord:


He hung out a lot of the time just outside the show room, dancing to whatever music they were playing over the speakers.




Here's a random shot of the show floor:

Compared to other cons, this traffic is super light. Usually you're bumping in to each other moving one way or the other.



Bricks

I don't know why, I just had to take a picture of them. lol.



Here are my JimBobs, seated in the screening room:


Although we were pretty close, I think the JimBobs' views were still obstructed. Mayhaps next time I'll sit in the front row.


A crypt-y spot to advertise Bruce Campbell's Horror Fest...


... which is taking place during Wizard World Chicago Comic Con in August.



If you saw the first picture of a row of arcade games in my IGGPPC post, here's another row.


There were two rows, with about a dozen games each, and then in between were about six televisions, all hooked up to consoles, and ready to play games through there. Boyfriend and I wanted to try playing Mario Kart... 8? 9? Whichever one is for WiiU, but that one was most popular, and had people on it at all times. Ah well.



Spiderman and Doc Ock:

You might have noticed the bald fella with the beard and the glasses a couple times through out my pictures, that's my dad. He's bound to end up in some of my pics. lol.




I found Mooby!

I saw him from across the way and took a pic right where I was standing. Seeing the picture now, I wish I had gotten close, because then I would have noticed the Princess Bride magnets right under it! D'oh!


While playing Catan Germany,


I had to take a picture of the cute little cards.


Here's a couple more pictures of Eddie McClintock:


From where I was sitting...



And another close up. He's kind of adorable. I might check out Warehouse 13 sometime, to establish a full on crush. lol.


Possibly Boyfriend's favorite part of the con was the games he could play.


He tried a couple of the arcade games, and even got second highest score of the day on Return of the Jedi. lol. I didn't try any of the games. None looked fun for me. If they had Simpsons Bowling or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I'd have been on them in a heartbeat! ROFL.


From the spot I was watching Boyfriend play games, I could make out the Batmobile, which costed $20 to take a pictures in the front seat. I just don't like Batman enough for that.


Here's David Faustino at his booth.

He always looks so tiny. I think he's my height, somewhere around 5'3.


Boyfriend was playing with my camera and took a pic of the mini cookies we were munching on.


Last con picture:

Boyfriend and dad, while we were waiting around for Eddie to come on stage.



The last pictures are what I got at the con!

This picture isn't actually mine, I found it online. But I have the shirt! I just wore it before I took a picture and was too lazy to go find it. lol.


Last year, at Chicago Comic Con, I bought this adorable print from an artist:



Well he was at Fan Fest Chicago, and I found myself getting another one of his prints:


Hagrid and Toothless! OMG so cute. ♥ ♥


Some more loot:


They had these fingerless gloves at Chicago TARDIS last year, and I figured I'd wait to make sure I wanted them. When I decided I did, only an hour had passed and they'd all sold out! So when I saw them at Fan Fest, I picked a pair up immediately. I also picked up a mousepad of Ten looking adorable and Rose is there too. And some buttons, Crowley and the anti posession symbol from Supernatural. Slave Leia, and Doctor Whooves.



CBS had a booth on Saturday, and was giving away Mardi Gras beads for NCIS New Orleans. I watch that show, so I picked a couple up. And a couple cons ago I picked up the Grumpy Cat "NO" sticker for a friend. When I saw the artist was back, I picked up a Princess Celestia sticker, and a couple of buttons for myself. :)


I also picked up a couple of flavored Ramune sodas.


I've tried the plain flavor, which I actually enjoyed, so I figured I'd try these too. I've had the peach once so far, and it was delightful! The mango one is still sitting in the fridge.


And the last thing I got:


A little Wall-E, that looks like he was made from junk. Hee! So cute!!



So there we have it! I mentioned in my IGGPPC post that I enjoyed the con, even though it was super small, and the panels were a joke. lol. ♥







No comments:

Post a Comment